Saturday, October 4, 2014

Parent/Teachers Night and I Don't Have an Art Room!!!

I've switched schools and have gone back to teaching art at the elementary level. Yikes, no more art room!!! I'm now on a cart in two new schools. 



Well, now, here's the problem. It's Parent/Teachers Night and I have a great presentation. But no where to show it!!!  Also, both my schools are having Meet the Teacher night on the same night!!! I can't be two places at the same time. What do I do? 

Well, here's my solution.

 Use a QR Code!!!



The website QR Code Generator is a great website to use for making QR codes. I find it to be an easy website to work with and have used it before in the past with success.

What I did was create a QR code that linked to the Parent/Teachers Night  Prezi presentation I created when I taught middle school art. Now re-edited for the elementary level.  The QR code was posted in the school library, so it was easy for parents to find. If the parents had a QR scanner on their phone they could scan the code. And they could easily find out what my art class is about even when I wasn't there. 

Oh yea, here's something else. Do you want a bulletin board for Parent Nights that will really showcase all the teachers in you school? Check this out!


What do you think about my Parent/Teachers Night solution? What do you do on Parents Night if you travel between two schools or don't have an art room? Let me know, I'd love to hear about it. You can comment below.

Keep Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!