Saturday, August 10, 2013

How to Draw 3D Boxes

Getting Ready for 1 Point Perspective

This is a lesson I use to introduce perspective, my 'go to' project before we get into 1 Point Perspective. The students get an understanding of height, width and depth from this lesson. 






What to Review



You first need to review the definition of  vertical, horizontal and diagonal lines.  Every box will include at least one of each of these. Two other vocabulary word you need to review are deep and shallow. The length of the diagonal line in each box will determine the depth of the boxes. You also may want to review working with a ruler. There is some measuring with this lesson.



Here'a another student sample for you to see.








Prezi Demonstration- Step by Step



Here is a Prezi I have made to explain the lesson. It might be easier for you to see the steps than have me write out all of the steps.


How to Draw 3-D Boxes


Do you have a way to introduce perspective? I'd love to hear about it. You can comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!