Saturday, August 4, 2012

Art Class Check Up


Don't you think it's a good idea to have a check up on how you’re doing?  I do this once a semester, by giving my students a Mid Term Art Class Evaluation. It’s actually an evaluation of me and my class-  the good, the bad and the ugly.  

The students can comment on anything (anonymously) involved in the class- the supplies, the lessons, the desks, my teaching, the projects, anything! Well, as long as it’s worded in a respectful way.

And I do get a lot of comments. Some surprising, some encouraging, some good, some bad. It’s a great way to get some input and maybe make some adjustments on what you’re doing in art class.

It's also great for the students to know that their opinions are being heard. That's how you create trust between teacher and students.

Here is an example of my Mid Term Art Class Evaluation.







Tell me what you think! Would this work in your art class?


































No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!