Sunday, August 12, 2012

IDs- Best Way to Keep Track of Supplies


Do you want an easy way to keep track of supplies in you art class? Here it is.

I keep IDs for all students in my class. They're made out of 3 x 5 index cards. 

The ID’s serve a couple of purposes- one, of which, is borrowing supplies. (I’ll have more posts in the future that explain other purposes.)  If a student needs borrows a special supply that is not in their row’s supply basket, I pull their ID. 

At the end of class, I check the IDs. If an ID is pulled out of the pile, I know that student has a supply that needs to be returned to me.

The ID’s contain the following information:


-NAME
-GRADE
-HOMEROOM,
-HOMEROOM TEACHER
-PARENT/GUARDIANS NAME
-HOME PHONE NUMBER
-TELL ME SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT YOU (in case I need an expert in a certain field, I can call on a student to help out)

What do you think? Would using IDs help you keep track of supplies? Would they work in your art class? Let me know what you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!