Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Simple Way to Get Feedback on What You Do

Back in August I wrote a post about communicating with students. I got the idea about communication after listening to  key note speaker was Joel Manby, President and CEO of Hershend Family Entertainment and author of the book Love Works: Seven Principles for Effective Leaders.





A Take-away



Well, there was another take-away I got from listening to him speak at that conference. It was about letting the people you lead evaluate  and give feedback on how they think things are working under your leadership. I already have an art class evaluation/feedback form that I use in my class. But I wanted to try Mr. Manby's method  because it seemed like a very simple idea. And I am all about simple. And I'm all about getting feedback on what I do. How else can I become a better teacher?


 3 Questions



When Mr. Manby wants to get feedback from his employees about how they feel his organization is working, he asks 3 simple question- What do you want to see 'more of,  less of and the same of.'




I thought I'd try incorporating this into my art room this year. I'll still keep my old art class evaluation/feedback form on standby, but I'm trying this method this year and see how it goes. It seems like a good way to get a gauge of what  the students feel about what goes on in the  art room.


Here is what I've come up with-





Here is the link to the PDF of this form.
Feel free to print it out!

What do you think of this type of class feedback form? Would this work in your art room? You can leave a comment
below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!